RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
Latest update information Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
Latest update information Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
Latest update information Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
Latest update information Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
Latest update information Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
Latest update information Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
Latest update information Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
Latest update information Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
Latest update information Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
Latest update information Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
Latest update information Empty

Latest update information

Go down 
+3
BlackJack
RIP_3-Diamonds
SuicideKing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SuicideKing
Administration Board Member
SuicideKing

PostSubject: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 02:35

Patch 1.10

Racing Gear Items

New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the "My Drivers" in B-Spec.

There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.

For more details, please refer to "Racing Gear" under Top Menu - [Manual] - [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign

For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector's Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events
GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.

Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] - [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.

For details, refer to Top Menu - [Manual] - [GT Life] - [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.

If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track

After playback of the ending movie (*short version), "Day To Live/daiki kasho" will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes

Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.

Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]

In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.

The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.

In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching "0" in the count down, to "Until the car comes to a complete stop".

The sorting order of the music album has been improved.

When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)

It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.

It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues

PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.

An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.

An issue where the player's car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.

A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.

An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car's mileage has been corrected.

An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.

An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.

An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.

An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 08:47

I like the addition of prize cars to be won in seasonal events. I ran the Fiat one last night and got over 800,000 credits, a boatload of ex points, and the Jaguar XJ220 LM! clap
Back to top Go down
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 13:05

I'm trying to stay positive, but to be honest, I was hoping for a bit more considering the size of the update.

I do like the ability to upgrade your car without having to go to the "tuning shop".

However, I don't understand why they spent time and energy on racing suits and helmets. I didn't care what my driver looked liked when I started the game, and I still don't. I only see the gloves when I use the cockpit view, which is rarely.

If they would have added anything that enhanced game play (new track), the GT5 community would be dancing.

Just my 2 cents....
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 14:04

I'm on the same page as you, BJ. The best thing was being able to buyparts from the settings screen, but I wonder if you can change oil there now too, or if I need to still leave for that?

I did like being able to change my suit, as I realized after the fact that WD picked the same one. Ugly Bad idea Unfair Eat my shorts

But the fixes were meh at best. I did notice the menu music the last time I ran b-spec remote. Will be nice to listen to my own tunes now.

All in all, a bunch of fluff!
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 17:47

I agree DMH and BlackJack, great update.

I'm just glad I can get out of this suit now. Man it stinks...
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 20:08

Well, maybe they are 'softening' us up with this type of update, to see how easily it can be done. I wasn't around for the GT5P updates, but I understand at some point they gave us the Ferrari California in an update? This gives me hope that a future one may include new cars, and maybe even a track or two!
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyWed Jun 08 2011, 22:37

I guess i was just expecting an update including the conversion of some standard cars to premium because Kazunori Yamauchi himself promised that eventually it would become reality.New tracks is asking a bit much.Otherwise,the update seems worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyThu Jun 09 2011, 01:43

I think at this point it is causing me more harm than joy, i can't leave a room without it freezing on me now.

On a side note:

JOKER SLOW DOWN!

Good racing the last couple of nights.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyFri Jun 10 2011, 08:06

Yes, i've noticed a big increase in disconnections caused by changing locations or enterring into chat room. My connection is bad, but I see a lot of my GT5 friends go offline, then online. That tells me that they are freezing too. I've yet to freeze but disco's at weird times, and weird ways. Like it'll say i've been signed out, but I still see my friends list. Then poof, disco.
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information EmptyFri Jun 10 2011, 08:59

One thing I did notice that I was wishing for since I got the game was the front to rear weight percentages. It now displays them in your ballast screen. Should make figuring out spring splits eaiser! twothumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest update information   Latest update information Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest update information
Page 1 of 1