RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
by GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
by Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
by GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
by 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
by RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
by Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
by AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
by AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
by AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
by RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links

Share | 

Why RIP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Why RIP?   Sun May 30 2010, 14:54

It would be great if you could put in a line or two of the reasons for joining RIP.

RiP The Friendliest & Coolest GT5 Racers

Last edited by AceofClubs on Sat Jun 26 2010, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
Administration Board Member

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun May 30 2010, 15:19

The best dam racers in GT5p! Any time i see a Rip tag, I know I'm gonna have to work for it. But at the same time you know that you can run inches away with confidence. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun May 30 2010, 19:01

When ever I raced against / with RIPsters, it was always clean and fast.
It seemed to me that the fun of the race was more important than the win, even though a win now and again was also good.

After a couple months, a few hints were dropped, and I was glad to get an invite to join the RIP Team.

Since then it has been a real pleasure to race with a great bunch of guys, and one Lady.
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun May 30 2010, 20:54

I've been working on 2nd lady but no luck yet Smile

Back to top Go down
RIP_Welsh_Don

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon May 31 2010, 11:02

There are a lot of quick GT5P racers out there, but the RIP Team is perfect for me as there is a FUN 1st, FIRST 2nd attitude, but also where a 2nd place is a great result! Fast and clean, great work guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crazy-8
Sr. Recruiter
Sr. Recruiter

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon May 31 2010, 14:17

I joined RIP,because the team i was on didn't share as much.i got a loaner car,but after a while I was just driving RIP-loaner car more than other team car. Decided to join.Thats when the fun started.
Back to top Go down
RIP_Dealer
Team Member II
Team Member II

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon May 31 2010, 16:09

Well.. i was invited into a chatroom after some damn good racing at (guess where?) Daytona 700 10 lap.

i would hop into chat every few days and race some daytona with the fellas.

i initially joined thinking this was merely a Daytona racing team. as that's where ALL Of the racing took place before i joined the team, boy was i tricked!

Lately i have not had the excitement of the first few long nights of daytona racing for several hours.

now it seems like i cant get more than an hour or two of Day in before everyone is ready for something else, Maybe people are getting bored or maybe people are just trying to practice extra hard for the WRE.

either way i joined RIP because i knew they were fast racers, but at Daytona they were Expert racers, where else can you have 6 or 8 lead changes per lap and run 3 wide throughout the turns, Nowhere, it is closer, cleaner, more competitive racing and the finishes sometimes have 8 cars within 1 second of each other after completing 10 or 20 laps

that's why i joined, hoping for endless nights of drafting fun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon May 31 2010, 18:14

after gettting invites from almost every other club out there i joined RIP because of the personalities of the members.it's a more laid back atmosphere,not as robotic as the other Crews and all this done without having to sacrifice good clean fast racing.seems like a win win to me and thats why i joined RIP!
Back to top Go down
misschrissy1

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon May 31 2010, 20:55

To me,it was about having fun. I'm all over the idea of having fun.I had an invite from another big GT community,but they took it a little more hard core (so to speak).Competitivness is nice (to a certain degree),but you still have to have fun.I still communicate with the other forum member,but I'm more at home right here with all of you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Tue Jun 01 2010, 04:02

I know we all love speed and since you all do I know you will all love this video......it's totally sick!!! javascript:emoticonp('affraid') To me it is also about having fun online with fast,clean racers that race with passion but are respectful and complimentary of their fellow driving competitors. I have found this and more with the RIP members. I consider myself to be both quick and respectful of the other racers online that are as fast if not faster than me.There are lots that are faster but I still have fun racing as cleanly and as quickly as possible without DRAMA!!! Some of the other team members I've crossed path's with (I won't mention any names here....hahaha!) are very rude and want to gang up on you and take you out when you beat them!!! Then to add insult to injury they want to send you hate mail! This is childish and so uncool! Everyone in the RIP_club that I have raced with is really great and let me tell you it is such a pleasure to find so many cool and professional people in the same club to race with online! Thank you all so much for making me feel at home here! I look forward to hooking up with other members I have yet to race with and develop more new friendships!You are correct when you say this is the home of the friendliest and most professional GT5P racers you will find anywhere online! Thanks Joker for turning me on!!!
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Tue Jun 01 2010, 18:32

Thanks RacinJake for your kind words and the 499 hp bike video clip, that's crazy fast, I like speed but not sure can handle a bike that fast.

You're on my friend list but haven't had the chance to meet you yet, hopefully soon. In the mean time, if you are ready to be in a team, Rip can give you a loaner car for a couple of weeks, no charges on the usage but you pay your own gas and damages to the car if there's any Laughing

Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Tue Jun 01 2010, 21:12

I saw Black Jack online a couple of days back and asked what was his reason(s)? He said "AceofClubs, I had a great view of your car from behind and that was all needed to made up my mind". That was the greatest ( I don't know of any other words to describe Smile ) answer so far Laughing

If Black Jack chooses to add other reasons, he's free to do so.

Back to top Go down
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Wed Jun 02 2010, 15:40

Actually it was the way you rammed me up the...oh, this is a family forum.

But seriously, I started racing online when I bought my first F2007. I figured I must be fast if I earned the top car in the game. So I hit the "online" icon for the first time and saw a HSR reverse F2007 event. Cool! I like that track and I got the car. I was hooked.

I stayed on HSR for awhile. Made a few friends and I thought I was the coolest when one of the guys I met put our race on YouTube...remember, I was new here.

Then one day I turned on my PS3 and..."wtf?"..my track, my car...gone. I learned the hard way that the tracks change. Oh Well, I'll check out beginners. I will be King on beginners....wrong.

I learned quickly that "beginners" has nothing to do with new drivers. These guys are fast! And theres ALOT of them. I still race a few of those guys today. I ran alot of miles with Crazy8 and AceofClubs in the pre-RIP days. Thanks guys...I owe you.

A few months pass. I'm holding my own on the track. Then I start seeing weird tags. GT-R was the first tag I saw guys running. A few week later I match with a few drivers flying a RIP tag. Hmm...team racing. That might put some zing into the game.

Literally, the next day I get a message from a guy forming a team to go against GT-R. He called the team ZT-R and said he had a few drivers lined up already. I jumped at the first team offer..lol. I also brought a friend to ZT-R with me.

Yep, RIP_TexasHoldEm use to be ZT-R. Well, ZT-R ended up having 2 drivers flying the flag...me and Tex. I saw RIP was always at the track. They were always fast and ran clean. The finish board looked the same as it does today. The top finishers were RIP.

Then as fate would have it. I matched into some races with AceofSpades and AceofClubs. I figured the "Aces" must be the bosses.

After some great battles, I sent Clubs a message telling him my team was lame and his was cool. "What do I need to do to get on your team" said me. "Just ask" was his response. I now had to make a choice. Another new team was starting up and had made me an offer.

GTSC_flymedic..or RIP..hmm..what to do. Then Ace told me his 'other' tag...I started laughing when I saw I knew him already by his other tag. I was among friends and RIP_BlackJack was born.

The team moto back then was "It does'nt matter who wins, as long as RIP wins." We drove that way and we ruled Daytona (we still do). I learned alot in the early days. I worked to get faster. If I was faster, then RIP was faster. I was happy running in 3rd, if my team was 1st and 2nd. We helped each other get faster.

My thanks go out to AceofClubs. He made me fast. Ace is the most unselfish driver I have ever met. If I was'nt fast enough, he'd push me. If I could'nt find the lines, I would follow him. To this day, I could'nt tell you who is faster on Daytona. Me or Ace. I love racing that guy.

Well, I guess I should answer the question now.

Why RIP?

My response is easy.....Friendship

Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Wed Jun 02 2010, 18:50

Greatest story I’ve ever heard.

I remember how Flymedic and I met, it was pre-RIP, and we were running on our own. One day less than a year ago I saw ZT-R-Flymedic, I said to myself hmm..Flymedic is a good guy should have joined RIP, feel sorry for him, oh well best of luck to him lol and the rest was what Black Jack has said.

I used to take my RIP car out for a spin early Saturday or Sunday morning when there were no other Rips around, why? I do that so I can help the non- Rip slow racers by boosting and guide them on the track, I told them when to shift and what corner speed is etc. I couldn’t do all that while racing with team mates, RIP comes 1st.
“It doesn’t matter who wins, as long as RIP wins” I used to say that to the team mates had said to me “ It was your race “.

Most of the times you will find me at the end of the group, half of it, it’s me, slow driver/car, other half I stay back helping the team members that need catching up with the rest of the group. You will see me take 1st spot in a race when no other Rips can get there but me.

Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Wed Jun 02 2010, 19:46

You know what ace? I rarely run my Rip car outside of team events as I have concidered it a "special" tag and did not want to take any chances of screwing up the name you guys have built for yourselves. But after reading your post, I think I may have been doing a dis-service by keeping it in the garage. I believe that I may, if you feel it would be prudent, start taking it out more often on my own to see if I can spread some of that good additude that convinced me to join Rip. I was a bit aprehensive at first when AoS invited me, but every Rip that I raced showed that same kind of additude which convinced me that this was a good group to put my name on. It may just be time for me to take up the cause more!
Thanks for the stories AoC and B J. It's good to remind me of these kind of reasons.

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Thu Jun 03 2010, 10:09

I joined RIP because one day, I was racing as Ravensunfire at Suzuka 750, and noticed a bunch start taking place. I wanted to race and not be all alone out front, so I joinded the bunch start. Well, I've never had such a good race! I was invited to the chat room and was hooked, on the commradery and the challenging races you all choose.

Great work Team, keep up the fun and challenges; but most of all keep that TEAM atmosphere, we are all part of RIP for that reason.

RIP_PokerFace
Back to top Go down
69Runner
Events Coordinator I
Events Coordinator I

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun Jun 06 2010, 10:00

I joined because my wife (well,wife to be did). LOL

A great bunch of guys.Even though my access to be online anymore has been restricted somewhat (work,etc.,etc.,etc.,),I know that I can get online with you guys and have a good time.
Back to top Go down
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun Jun 06 2010, 11:33

BlackJack, can I have some tissues please. Sad Sad Sad

Tears of joy, fellow team mates, not sadness!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have to give the biggest "RIPster THANK YOU" to AceofClubs!!! Cool Smile Cool

He made it happen and had put so much work into it, to ensure that the RIP Racing Team is what it is today!! He is a RIP by heart and mind, and he will always be. He is, amongst the few members that I know, a 100% Ripster!!!! But you know what, he is actually 110% (prolly more) Ripster, so that puts him at TOP of summit!! cheers cheers cheers

Just RIP it!
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun Jun 06 2010, 15:47

As reading these posts, my eyes are filled with tears, didn't know AceofSpades and Black Jack could be so sentimental, look can be deceiving. It must be hard on them for holding this feeling inside all these months. (Big Hugs)

Thanks everyone, I’d appreciated your kindness. Special thanks to those that had contributed their times to RIP.

Big hands to the Event Committee, job well done. Great team work!cheers cheers

Last edited by AceofClubs on Sun Jun 06 2010, 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RIP_Dealer
Team Member II
Team Member II

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun Jun 06 2010, 15:53

tears? what a buncha sissies!

suck it up ladies!

lol kidding kidding.. you guys can be wimps and i will still like you Razz
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Sun Jun 06 2010, 16:33

RIP_Dealer wrote:
tears? what a buncha sissies!

suck it up ladies!

lol kidding kidding.. you guys can be wimps and i will still like you Razz

SmileyCentral.com

Back to top Go down
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon Jun 07 2010, 13:33

Dealer,

There is NOTHING wrong with "man tears". I commend the Aces for showing their sensitve (giggle) side without the fear (snort,giggle) of other team (giggle,giggle,snort) members laughing at them. (HAHAHAHAHA)...oh man (sniff,giggle), I thought I could get through that (sniff, sniff). Great, now i'm crying.

I'm sorry guys. I should'nt laugh. Come on over to my pits for a BIG man hug.

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon Jun 07 2010, 14:08

BlackJack, that is just too hilarious, it brought "tears" to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Mon Jun 07 2010, 15:19

Tears? World, Ripsters have tears.

I guess, tears set RIP apart from other teams.

Back to top Go down
5CardDraw
Team Member III
Team Member III

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Tue Jun 08 2010, 13:46

because you are the KOOLEST!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why RIP?   Today at 12:56

Back to top Go down

Why RIP?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org :: RIP Talk :: Gran Turismo 5 :: Online Racing-
Jump to: