RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Empty

Bad tire wear (Nascar)????

Go down 
+3
DeadMansHand
RIP_Joker
AceOfSpades
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 04:30

Really bad ... thanks to the most recent update! Sad

The 30+ laps that we used to get from our soft tire setup is now down to 10-12 laps.

The preferred tire now is hard racing tires, which gets at least 20 laps or more.

The laps times for hard racing tires is slower, mid-hi 42's. Times for soft tires are the same.

Depending on how many laps is the entire race, run soft tires towards the end (maybe last 12 laps) and outsprint the other cars that are still on hard tires Cool twothumbsup
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 09:46

Wow i haven't played since i updated but i did read on GTPlanet that tweaks were made to the tire wear physics. Well things just got alot tougher and more realistic its safe to say lol.
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
Administration Board Member
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 09:53

I think that puts it more in line with a real pit window. It always seemed to me that the tire wear wasn't real enough. I wonder how this is going to effect the feel of my Viper for WRE tonight?! scratch
Back to top Go down
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 11:11

SK here: Finally! They fixed the hard vs soft tire wear problem. Prepare for tire strategies now, should be interesting in the WRE. driving
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 13:09

Ran a few 20 lappers and for everyone who picked soft or medium tires, they had to pit.I was running hards and i lost my rear rubber right on turn 3 & 4 of lap 20.I'm guessing thats because of my suspension setup.May have to make adjustments.
The biggest issue though wont be tire wear as much as it will be holding ones line. Running the high line on hards especially in the draft will require serious concentration and running the low or middle lines will as well, especially in traffic. I saw a couple guys touch below the yellow in the turns and instantly lose it. I'm just trying to get accustomed to the less grip & work on holding a straight line.
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 17:05

Just to give u guys a heads up, ran a 31 lapper on racing hards and made it to lap 26 in 1st place before i pit, just to lose my position and drop down to 5th to guys who were running sports hard tires. So its pretty safe to say that any race over 25 laps we're gonna have to employ the use of sports tires. There was a mixture of sports soft, medium & hards but all the top finishers had hards. The only thing is after the 321 countdown, you cannot go flat out right away or you may spin out and its also loose in the turns so adding some downforce will help.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 17:39

Well, this should make things interesting indeed! Guess we are going to have to find out. I was able to make 13 laps in the Viper before, but not so sure now, lol.
Back to top Go down
RIP_TheGambler
Team Member I
Team Member I
RIP_TheGambler

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 19:06

Wow! Now hard tires are the "preferred"....this is gonna be weird. Gonna make you really only want the people you know in a room for sure!! Have to try it out later...downloading the 2.0 now.
Back to top Go down
http://John L. Unger @ facebook
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 20:23

(waits patiently for a new team tune..lol)

All I know is we need to get a NASCAR race going with yellow flags and the pace car. The lights on the pace car work now!
Back to top Go down
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyTue Dec 20 2011, 22:14

With my current setup, I believe I can get 23 laps out of racing hard tires, but I will defnitely try the sports tires tonite. I would still use the soft tires swap at the end of the race, especially if i have drafting partners.

When I did a 30 lap race last night, I pitted at lap 21, with still about a 1/8 inch in the rear tire bars, probably enough for 2 more laps. After pitting I was more that 25 secs behind (i botched my pit, overshooting pit entrance and had to make a U on the track to reenter), but I finished the race only 13 secs behind.
Back to top Go down
RIP_TheGambler
Team Member I
Team Member I
RIP_TheGambler

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyWed Dec 21 2011, 01:25

Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? 362321 BLACKJACK......Just sent you a broke-in, ready to race 892 hp #42 Juan Pablo Montoya set up just like I run my 24's. Now that this tire wear issue is happening, I dont know whats up, because I havent tried it yet. But handling and speed wise, its BA-A-A-DDDDuh!!!...lol.
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyWed Dec 21 2011, 20:20

How long before we just race with tire wear off? At least for the fun events, this would be the way to go. At any rate, the tire wear issue will be something to get used to. It may help weed out the more casual racers at least.

As far as longer races go, yeah, I figure that this would be just what was needed to foster a true tire strategy on the road courses. It'll be a busy week for me, but I should be on for some look-see at the various tire wears per compound.
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyThu Dec 22 2011, 06:27

I set up a 40 lap online Nascar lounge to see how far i could make it with my preferred tire setup, sports medium up front/sports hards at the rear and made it to lap 35 with enough rubber left to make it to lap 40 comfortably.Unfortunately i ran out of fuel which is why i pit on lap 35.I figure in a race, with the ability to sit in the draft to help conserve tires & fuel, i might just be able to get to 40, fuel being the biggest concern. i mixed the tires like that because there is more even tire wear between the front & rear than using all sports hards. All i did was run 20/50 aerodynamics and i raised braking sensitivity in the LSD to 15, to keep from spinning out when lifting and to keep the car stable.I still use the same suspension setup that i've always used since day 1, no changes and i was running a 3 gear setup. If i chose to run 4 gears i probably would have made it to lap 37 or 38 before i ran out of fuel. Maybe u guys might want to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyThu Dec 22 2011, 09:03

The lights work now! Coool.
Back to top Go down
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyThu Dec 22 2011, 09:26

It appears that the Sports tire, medium or hard, are the way to go with this new tire physics. You can run with it on all wheels or combination, like Joker's preferred tire setup.
Back to top Go down
RIP_TheGambler
Team Member I
Team Member I
RIP_TheGambler

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyThu Dec 22 2011, 13:01

Yep...Sports Hards are the definte for Nascar....kinda drives rough in the corners, and mid-corner, wants to send you up the hill a hair in the draft, but my setup is still the same and I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyThu Dec 22 2011, 14:04

I can already see what's comming...

One of these next updates will give the option of restricting to just 1 tire compound instead of just "no higher than".
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? EmptyThu Dec 22 2011, 21:40

That, or maybe fine tune the tire wear settings so that it's not quite as terrible. I'm amused that the way they chose to address the problem was to make the softer compounds last shorter. Wasn't the original complaint that the harder compounds lasted little longer than the softer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad tire wear (Nascar)????   Bad tire wear (Nascar)???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad tire wear (Nascar)????
Page 1 of 1