RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Howdy! Long time no see!
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
    Links
    Gallery
    Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Empty

Muscle Car Showdown!

Go down 
    +4
    Crazy-8
    AceOfSpades
    RIP_Royal-Flush
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    8 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    Administration Board Member
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05 2013, 16:23

Well, the series will continue for Saturday night. I'm still waiting for someone to share the night to alternate the series with. If nothing posted by Thursday, we'll continue the MCSD as stated.
    Back to top Go down
    AceOfSpades
    Team Founder
    Team Founder
    AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 16:46

Cool...today is Saturday so I will seee you guys tonite with my Big Bird Smile
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 17:08

Will it be yellow? elohel
    Back to top Go down
    AceOfSpades
    Team Founder
    Team Founder
    AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 20:30

Yes it is yellow 3D Cool lol bounce
    Back to top Go down
    DeadMansHand
    DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10 2013, 12:14

Good racing last night, all. Had a great time in a nice BIG room 'o' RIPs.

I think Twin Ring East was the best track for the cars out of the 3. I hate to say it, as Grand Valley is one of my favorite tracks for most cars, but GV East really doesn't seem to be working as well. I think there is just a bit too much straightaway and some of the cars suffer. Any chance we can swap out for somewhere else?

On a side note, sorry for dropping out of the final race. My right leg had started hurting at the start of the night and by the last race it was freakin' killin me! Trying to race like that just wasn't going well. I have no idea wth I could'a done to it, but I fell asleep with a heating pad on the back of my leg for 3 hours or so and felt like nothing was wrong when I woke up! Weird.
    Back to top Go down
    AceOfSpades
    Team Founder
    Team Founder
    AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10 2013, 13:12

DMH, you is gettin old my brotha lol

And yessir, that was a good room full-o-RIPsters man, just like old times bud, just RIPpin-it-up driving twothumbsup

I'm pretty sure 3D would come up with other tracks to race them brutes car

RIP_HIT_ME was a major HIT last night with the Challenger, gettin more of the not-so-needed manufacturers points for Chrysler. 3D and C8 tried their best to represent the Fords and the Chevys but they were just plain outnumbered Sad Plus with SK gettin that win at Grand Valley with the Big Bird just boosted the Chrysler run for points.

Glad to see Poker as well. Glad to see go-fish able to join the racing without any hitch. Glad to see cjsown (QoH3) able to join
    the last 2 races, but hey hey hey, better late then never Smile

And to RD, I'll be glad to swap cars with you for next event. I think you kind missed Big Bird last night Smile

Good job 3D and thanks for being the ever-so-nice host of the event.

Just RIP it!! twothumbsup
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10 2013, 15:14

Well, what a difference a week makes! With my being sick last week (sorry everybody) we were able to blow a hole in the ozone layer the size of Texas, even cutting one race from the evening! elohel

With a healthy turn out I slightly revised the points to spread it down the order. Being that this is still just a fun event, and that the points are only for manufactures, I felt it better for a closer series. If we have an even better turn out, I'll revise again.

With a whopping 104 points, the GM boys made up for lost time in a big way. Another great job by Crazy keeping the Camaro right up front and in the hunt. Pokers return provided just the right amount of boost to let the General take the night. Gold cup

FoMoCo had a respectable night again, racking up 89 points to add to thier total. Fish made good use of the Cougar to push towards the sharp end of the pack, while RD made the bi-polar GT350 dance to make a mark on the board. Silver cup

Despite a clean sweep by the mighty Hemi Challenger at the final track of the night, (awesome job Hit!) the romp 'em stomp 'em Dodge boys had a tougher evening this go round. With 83 points to add to their total, it still was a great showing winning fully half the races run. Bronze cup

I was very pleased to see so many take an intrest in the event. indaclub We'll keep it up for the month before resetting to another formula for these grand fathers of performance cars. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did, and remember to post up your choice of weapon for this series. ripracingteam
    Back to top Go down
    AceOfSpades
    Team Founder
    Team Founder
    AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10 2013, 16:39

Way cool...GO GM!!! twothumbsup

I think everyone was pleased with the attendance 3D, I know I am. Cool driving
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_RACING_DEMON
    Team Member II
    Team Member II
    RIP_RACING_DEMON

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10 2013, 20:04

Here are some great action shots of our night of burning tankloads of petrol

photo TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_zpsfcc19ea1.jpg

photo TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_1_zps0c026a7c.jpg

photo TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_2_zps0dd3ffcd.jpg

photo DeepForestRaceway_1_zpsc964d211.jpg

photo DeepForestRaceway_zps8b6bce9a.jpg

photo TrialMountainCircuit_zps4aebe447.jpg

photo TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_3_zps897584de.jpg

photo TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_2_zps0dd3ffcd.jpg
    Back to top Go down
    AceOfSpades
    Team Founder
    Team Founder
    AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11 2013, 19:21

I like the after market wheels on that Shelby RD Smile
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11 2013, 19:59

Great shots RD. Glad you can put them up so easily. Hope you'll be around for regular events so that you can chronicle our fun. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17 2013, 13:33

Allright! Another great night of racing! When the RIP team shows up in foreign cities in musclecars, you know it's going to be a great time!

Well, looks like the Chrysler contengant re-grouped and came on strong, with 129 points for an easy victory of the night! The Challenger continues to present quite the 'challenge' for every race with awesome acceleration and killer mid-range to stay up front! Gold cup

Ford squeezed out a narrow second place for the night. Early on, it looked like they could win a week, but a single entry for the final 3 races limited thier ability to carry momentum through the night.... Silver cup

The General continues to find rough going, with the Chevelle absent that left the Camaros to pick up the slack. With a win and good finishes, they were able to limit the points total damage to just one down. 96 points was still a respectable night, helped by the apperance of a GTO! Bronze cup

The points total are updated on page 1 of this post. Be sure to check that for the current totals. After 3 weeks, Chrysler is begining to strech out a lead and the battle between the remaining two is still very close. With 1 week left anything can happen, though at this point it'll take some pretty amazing races for either to overcome the shear weight of numbers to topple Mopar. I was very happy to see 1Eye return, and 5Card dropping by to watch a bit, it is definitly feeling like old times again.

So, 1 week left, and then we'll take a break from these old things. When we return, tuning will come into play!
    Back to top Go down
    DeadMansHand
    DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17 2013, 15:31

Great racing indeed, 3D. I had a blast in a big room of RIPs. Good racing all the way through out the field. Here's my favorite moment, squeezing Str8Flush and 3-Diamonds at the line at Rome.

Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Rome_310
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17 2013, 17:34

Great shot! I wondered why nobody had tried the Super Bee yet. Even the GTO made an apperance. Only one missing so far is the Charger R/T. With any luck, we can manage at least one race with all of them in.
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_PokerFace
    RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18 2013, 07:32

So this is to be on Saturday?
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18 2013, 07:34

Yes Poker. A usual Saturday Night event, we will do one more before switching series to QoHs Integra RM.
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_PokerFace
    RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21 2013, 20:20

Cool, my Chevelle will be shined up!
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21 2013, 20:27

Great. After the Integra series, we will put the old iron to the wrench to see just how well they respond to mods. I'll post regs at a later date.
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24 2013, 12:53

Well, another great night! This wraps up our stock musclecar series for now. I'd like to thank everyone who showed up throughout this series. It was this popularity that made this such a fun night the last few weeks.

From the usual close races, to down-right ass-whoopin's, our final run of the old brutes was yet another fine example of planet polluting pompousness. With AVERAGE displacment close to 6 liters fuel economy was not looking too good.

Putting in another solid showing of support, the Chrysler group came to the track en-mass with hemispherical headed monsters constantly pushing to the front. The '70 Challenger seemed to be the weapon of choice (looks like the single car entry kinda fizzled out) pulling off another winning night with 143 points! Gold cup

With 3 dedicated Ford entrants doing the best they could with what they had (2 small blocks and the only big cube motor still only 390 CID) you gotta admit the Henrys weren't going down without a fight. With one missing from the bigger races, the blue oval still came within a whisker of taking the night, amassing 137 points total for Silver cup

You'd think the sheer size and popularity of the General would had kept them in the hunt during this series. However with just 1 or two entrants some weeks, it was just the opposite of the heavy Dodge boy contengant. Kudos to Str8 for keeping the flame buring for GM, showing solid results with the Z/28 each race. Single handledly bringing over 40 of the 43 points to grap the Bronze cup

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for making this one of the more popular events I've put together. It has been a real joy to behold the fun, laughter, and excitment these past few weeks for our simple little get-to-gethers to retrace our roots in performance cars.

Total series standings

GM 283

Chrysler 434

Ford 387

Stay tuned for the return of Detriot Muscle with tuning........
    Back to top Go down
    AceOfSpades
    Team Founder
    Team Founder
    AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 24 2013, 21:10

WHAT!!! I thought that yellow CG Cutter that I've been driving all these weeks is a GM!!!! lol

Just kiddin RIPsters, I know it is a Plymouth Smile

I'm kinda glad that those BRUTES are going back to the garage for a while. Man, they were a BEAR to race with lol

twothumbsup Awesome job 3D twothumbsup ... how about some LMPs after the Integras. Maybe we can tame them down a bit for some good racing at the long tracks. driving
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25 2013, 19:30

LMPs ehh? Hmm, perhaps we could accomodate you with something. I seem to recall that that was a popular fun event some time ago. Maybe an actual series for Saturdays would be fun for that.

I'll kick around some ideas as to how to start it. Maybe back to the '60s and climb up to the following eras....
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_PokerFace
    RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26 2013, 09:21

Sure wish this event was not in tax season, I missed some good battles with my Chevelle. Could have been a different story all together! lol.

Maybe we can do this again someday.
    Back to top Go down
    RIP_3-Diamonds
    RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26 2013, 20:20

Well, we will revisit the ol' muscle scene in the future. Will some shade tree mods no less!
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muscle Car Showdown!   Muscle Car Showdown! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Muscle Car Showdown!
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2