RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Empty

Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?

Go down 
+2
RIP_4-Of-A-Kind
rufus4pres
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rufus4pres

rufus4pres

PostSubject: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 10:31

Quote :
The Gran Turismo series is famous for its replay modes, which (even back in the PlayStation days) are visually impressive. GT4's replay mode has two modes on offer: standard, which features a variety of camera angles and cool background music, and dive, which packs on the filters and MTV-style cuts to add a truly dramatic flair. There's also a photo drive mode, which lets you take action shots of your car on any track in the game using the replay feature. Another cool use of the replay mode is the lap analyzer feature, which lets you compare car performance attributes, such as speed, braking, and acceleration, over multiple laps on a single course. If you're looking to directly compare the merits of two cars on the same track, you can load another lap time from a saved ghost replay in this mode to analyze the results.

I do not have GT4 or a PS2 and was reading a website that describes the GT4 features and it sounds a lot like GT5 in features with A-spec and B-spec. One of the features (above) is one thing I was hoping to have and wondered if GT4 had the lap analyer. I am hoping that GT5 will have it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gtscuderia.net
RIP_4-Of-A-Kind
Team Member I
Team Member I

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 11:57

Hi Ruf, if I remember correctly, I believe it does, i'll check l8tr on for'ya.
Back to top Go down
Gosshawk
Team Member II
Team Member II
Gosshawk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 14:54

It did have one, but I never figured out how to apply it. Was cool to look at tho.
Back to top Go down
RIP_1EyedJack
Events Coordinator I
Events Coordinator I
RIP_1EyedJack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 18:13

yes i have gt4 . and yes it dose have a lap anilizer , tells your fastest and slowest points on the track relitive to the rest of the field. and more . i didnt look to it much but i think there is even more it tells you. also i hope the longer races have a save in them this time .24 hour races in gt4 had no save from start to finish. had to leave game on all night in b spec mode to race them i hope they fix that.
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
Administration Board Member
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 19:56

GT4 was a real prize in my book. I used the lap analyzer all the time to figure out where i could squeeze more time out of a particular car on a particular track. I also made great use of the comparison feature to say see the difference between the Cobra R and the ZO6 at Deep Forest, or the XJ220 and the Pagoni at Le Sarth.
Some of my best time spent on GT4 was spent racing myself in ghost form. I would set a time in the S7 and race it in the Ford GT. All stock settings in the Ford GT netted a 7'02.348 at the 'ring on sport soft tires. Best I could do in the S7 was 7'05.673 in same trim.
I better stop reminiscing or I'll get all weepy, pining for the old days when my evenings were filled the thundering exhaust note of the 427 S/C Cobra or the squeeling of the tires on my G.T.350 rounding Autumn Ring, or....... sorry
Back to top Go down
Gosshawk
Team Member II
Team Member II
Gosshawk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 21:31

Ahhh, memories. lol
Back to top Go down
rufus4pres

rufus4pres

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyFri Sep 24 2010, 17:40

Man I missed the good stuff in GT4 as I only had GT3 and sold the PS2 in a garage sell Sad I got the PS3 in 2008 just for GT5P not knowing how painful it would be waiting for the real release of GT5.

Sorry if this was painfil, but it will soon be worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gtscuderia.net
RIP_4-Of-A-Kind
Team Member I
Team Member I

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyFri Sep 24 2010, 18:32

Can u say "my bad" over and over and over.............. 😕 😕 Sleep affraid :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Gosshawk
Team Member II
Team Member II
Gosshawk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyFri Sep 24 2010, 18:55

GT3 was still awsome at the time, but a lot less cars than GT2. GT2 is still the best as far as customizing went. I remember the racing kits you could buy for the majority of cars. The one for the dodge intrepid was cool, it added a prostock dragster race kit with the huge air intake on the hood. It allowed you to turn the street car you first bought ino a near racecar. Still my favorite I think. Shoulda never sold it, but I got 3 then 4. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Perudrifter

Perudrifter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyMon May 13 2013, 19:04

hi guys, i need some help! i´m traying to extract GT4 cars, i´m looking for jay leno tank car to build it in 1/18, please give me a hand. thanks
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? EmptyTue May 14 2013, 00:00

Well Peru, you may be able to find a copy of GT4 used from reselling outlets like GameStop or Disc Replay. The Jay Leno Tank Car is currently in GT5, so you can get plenty of static shots of the car in photo mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?   Anyone have Gran Turismo 4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have Gran Turismo 4?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org :: RIP Talk :: Gran Turismo 5 :: Online Racing-
Jump to: