RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
First Reviews - Page 2 Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
First Reviews - Page 2 Empty

First Reviews

Go down 
+9
AceOfSpades
5CardDraw
RIP_Let-It_Ride
RIP_3CardBrag
RIP_PokerFace
BlackJack
RIP_3-Diamonds
AceOfClubs
DeadMansHand
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RIP_3-Diamonds
Administration Board Member
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 27 2010, 20:11

I should have started the game on my solo ID. That way I could have avoided the redundancy of buying/selling and modifying cars. I think the initial excitment got the better of me. Aimlessly wandering around the game does not make for solid advancement. I now have the resolve to try and rack up the credits. Just have to try to resist the urge to welcome home every 'orphan' car I find in the used car dealership.
Does anyone know where to go for the big time credit payouts? I've made the mistake of selling cars only to have need of them later. And then of course the problem of over tuning cars for some race presents its self often. Man, I need to find more time for this! elohel
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 27 2010, 20:31

out of curiosity 3d how would using your solo id have made anything different?
Back to top Go down
RIP_Joker
Team Member III
Team Member III
RIP_Joker

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 27 2010, 20:38

last time i checked all gran turismo games are the same, part of the advancement process is steadily accumulating cars,unlocking tracks,modifying cars and improving skills along the way.how lame would it be if u did all these things in a matter of 3 to 4 days?
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28 2010, 04:09

I have stuck with my plan of getting my licences (done) and racking up exp points to unlock new special events. That is where the money and points are, special series.

I've made it to level 19 and I'm one or two races away from level 20.
H
I have splurged a bit, though. Lol I couldn't help it. Check out my profile page and click on the photos icon to see my 4 big bad bullets! Probably easily over a cool mill sitting in that garage.

I played with the camera most of this afternoon. Fun lil gagett. Wish I could share more than 8 pics.

edit: Holy Crap!!! You wanna complain about fixing the Camero, I jacked up the nose of my C4 WRC car and they want $425,000 to do it! No misprint, almost half a mill.
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28 2010, 14:25

Going solo first would have helped by showing me what to do/avoid, Joker. If we're to have specific cars for Tuesday night races, would be good to know where to find them. Getting there is but a fraction of the fun. Meeting up to race will be what this game is all about in the future.
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfClubs

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28 2010, 15:10

I got on for a few hours last night and got my 1st license, I'll be spending most of my tme in the licensing department for the next few days/weeks or months lol.
Back to top Go down
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28 2010, 16:54

RIP_3-Diamonds wrote:
Does anyone know where to go for the big time credit payouts? I've made the mistake of selling cars only to have need of them later. And then of course the problem of over tuning cars for some race presents its self often. Man, I need to find more time for this! elohel

Try the special events, it pays the most compared to actual races in the ASpecs. If you get the GOLD, u get the points/cash for the Silver and Bronze as well. If not Gold right away, go back for more points of Silver and Bronze. driving

What I did is jump into the licencing first and along the way you will go up in Level as well build up cash quickly cuz you dont have to buy cars plus if you Gold'ed all licences, you get 3 cars for prizes. Well, I didn't get all the bonuses/level/cash/cars cuz I just want to breeze right thru licencing with the minimum Bronzes. I'm working ont he S licence now. Whip

And with all the cash I was able to horde, I bought me a nice ZR1 and applied all the goodies available for it. End result is a Black ZR1 with 881 HP and runs mid 39's at Daytona. It also have a carbon fiber hood, skirts, wings and tips in at a very lightweight 1200+ lbs (or kg, whichever it is), fully adjustable suspension/tranny, Stage 3 engine, supercharger, polished ports, titanium exhaust and K&N filter, 3 sets of slicks (hard medium and soft), racing brakes, etc etc. Final cost I believe is about 300K. car driving dodawav

5CardDraw is taking the AoS ZR1 for a spin now, affraid lol. If anyone else wants to give it a go, post it here and I will be glad to loan for a day, but you must fix damage before returning car. lol Unfortunately, damage are very costly as some of us are finding out so be careful with your prized cars.

Another fast car that I saw at the public races is a Viper, which I think will be my next car that I will acquire, but if someone already has a souped-up Viper ( I mean the fastest it can get with all the trimmings Smile ) maybe I can borrow it for a day to test drive cuz I sure don't want to spend all that cash if I can help it. Wink So, if you have on and you are willing to loan for a day and based on the condition that it will not be damaged upon return, please post it here. Thanks twothumbsup

AceOfClubs wrote:
I got on for a few hours last night and got my 1st license, I'll be spending most of my tme in the licensing department for the next few days/weeks or months lol.

That's a good start Clubs Smile. Work on all the licensing first and at the end, you will have your very own Ford GTLM or ZR1 'Vette (just like mine) twothumbsup
Back to top Go down
RIP_1EyedJack
Events Coordinator I
Events Coordinator I
RIP_1EyedJack

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28 2010, 20:18

i have only purchased 3 cars outright , the rest i have won , total of 30 so far . some are formidable opponents. yes the special races give the best payout . am just moving to the profesional series events now much better prize cars. i got a 400 hp evo . and a 450 hp gt 350 mustang with a racing suspension under it and all the carbon fiber you can buy. i like that one. anybody got a buick special , it beats lombos hands down out of the box. 565 hp stock or something like that. soon to be jumping into the online community as i have not done much so far.
Back to top Go down
5CardDraw
Team Member III
Team Member III
5CardDraw

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 01:21

THANKS AoS!!!!!435k. i,ll send car to DD. The beauty of chat while tryn races is we share the hard to get cars, or , in my case, Spades hooked a friend up.its better than saving for a lonely day, by far. i loaned 8 a car, he loaned me a car. it helps alot .Chat is quiet, but theres alot goin down.im almost 19 w, 20 on the horizion. i got a ferrari, spades got a vette. get that hard to buy car , it'll help out another, while someone helps YOU out. just a thought. THANKS RIPSTERS!
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 02:48

Ok guys, I've got 1 maxed out street '69 Camero, Hugger Orange.
1 maxed out race prepped '69 Camero, metallic red.
1 maxed out steet '07 RX8, 550± hp, Galaxy Grey/carbon fiber hood/aero package.

And the baddest pony in my stable...

1 maxed out race prepped '70 Challenger R/T, Sublime Green, 766hp.

So who wants to borrow what keys gents?
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 03:48

AMG SLS rocks! 750 hp and a brilliant ride.

Having a blast with this game! Level 19 now. Done two licenses, lol. Having too much fun winning cars and buying demons. LMAO.

Can't wait to strap this puppy up to RipNet. Droool.

Having fun gents?
Back to top Go down
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 04:14

So far my favorite is my race modified 69 Camaro....black, of course.

That puppy has gotten me through alot of events. I ran the Tune Car Challenge and smoked the field by 30 seconds. It's hitting close to 200mph on the HSR straight with no draft. I laughed when it out accelerated a Mclaren F1.

I just laid out a ton of credits for a ferrari 599 and upgrades. Ouch.....just for that ferrari race.

We might have to look at the ZR1 race prepped for the WRE. Sounds like Spades created a monster.
Back to top Go down
AceOfSpades
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfSpades

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 09:37

Monster!!! lol. I have seen the ZR1 and the $100K Viper give the Veyrons a run for the money. Of course, a shoot Veyron shoot4 in the hands of a really good driver is hard to beat. twothumbsup driving

Last edited by AceOfSpades on Mon Nov 29 2010, 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 11:57

Well, I just took 5 days vacation starting today! twothumbsup

If I don't respond to messages in a few days, you may assume that I am lying on the floor from the blot clot in my a$$ hitting my brain when I finaly pry my self from this chair.

On the other hand, I should have a warehouse full of hot rods by this weekend.

car dodawav car
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfClubs

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 13:08

Lol...good 4 you DMH. I wish I had vacation times to take.
BJ talked me into getting a 69 Camaro, with little $$$ I had, my Dark Blue Camaro has only minor mods at this time. I"ve reached level 9 last night and earned enough $$$ to go for full blown mods Very Happy

In a couple of days we will see who has the fastest 69 Camaro on the track. I think it would be me, what y'all think?

Smack talk started Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 13:14

Lol, I'll take that dare clubs. Btw, if you are going to race mod a car, you should do that 1st thing since that will wipe out any other mods you'd have done to the car.
Back to top Go down
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 14:08

Good point DMH.

Don't waste you money! Race modify the car first. Then look for further upgrades.

You can also rerun your favorite race over and over again. You still get money and experiance points.
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29 2010, 20:54

Camaros huh? If the heap will hold together I'll try to get one to join you with. Do they still sound like bolts in a bucket when revved? elohel
Back to top Go down
RIP Double Down
Team Member II
Team Member II
RIP Double Down

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30 2010, 00:18

lol 3D
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30 2010, 00:45

Anyone try B-Spec, it's cool and earns real credits and wins cars too. It's an A-I driver. Neat stuff.

Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfClubs

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30 2010, 03:36

69 Camaro has no O/D Laughing you'll stuck with 4 spd. I've spent a little more $$$ on it tonight to complete the exhaust set up.

Come on 3D, you and I against the Admin guys. punch2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews   First Reviews - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Reviews
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org :: RIP Talk :: Gran Turismo 5-
Jump to: