RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Empty

Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfClubs

PostSubject: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) EmptyThu Dec 09 2010, 18:43

I've found this in my "inbox" it's about RIP_RacinAce, thought to share it.

Deano’s Ultra-Fast Honda
I’m scanning film from a WERA race at Roebling Road in March of 1986 and I came across some images of Dean on his Honda Superbike. One of the most vivid racing memories I have is watching in amazement Deano flying down Road Atlanta’s back straight at what seemed impossible speed. I was afraid other riders would be blown off the track in his wake.
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Swims-10

Dean and his Honda CB900F Superbike leads Thomas Stevens (I think) at Roebling Road. (Larry Lawrence photo)
I don’t know who built Dean’s Honda, but I do know that it was probably the fastest motorcycle in WERA racing of the mid-1980s (with the possible exception of Boonie Knott’s Suzuki GP bike).
Most riders might be intimidated with such a beast of a bike, but Dean was a big, strong guy who literally imposed his will on the CBF. Dean would never be called a smooth rider, but he bulldogged this bike around the track, arms and legs thrashing around. He was fun to watch.
Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Swims-11

Deano (Larry Lawrence photo)
I think Dean won a WERA National title or two on this Honda. It was a trick, beautiful machine. In these days of cookie-cutter sport bikes, Dean’s Honda reminds me of the time when Superbikes had personality. His Honda’s attitude was bad-ass.
I wonder where the bike is today?

Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
Administration Board Member
RIP_3-Diamonds

PostSubject: Re: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) EmptyThu Dec 09 2010, 21:40

Super cool! We have a celebrity on the team. And he rode a Honda! How cool is that? Oh, and by the way RA, where is your old CBF? I'm sure old race bikes are every bit as sought after as old race cars. Especially race winners, not to mention a title holder! At what point was that in your career? I recall you telling me that you also rode a Suzuki competively.
Back to top Go down
RIP_RacinAce
Team Member II
Team Member II
RIP_RacinAce

PostSubject: Re: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) EmptyMon Dec 13 2010, 23:48

RIP_3-Diamonds wrote:
Oh, and by the way RA, where is your old CBF? I'm sure old race bikes are every bit as sought after as old race cars. Especially race winners, not to mention a title holder! .
The bike is currently in a friends private collection near Atlanta. He has just started a total "ground up" restoration, in keeping with the era correct standard. Our plan is to re-unite me with my beloved "Battle Axe" as she was referred to, next season in a few vintage events! That should be a tear jerking moment and a total blast!!! I'm pretty stoked about it and really have something to look forward to!!!
It's even an extra motivation to loose a few of these extra pounds I've been carrying around!!! LMAO!!! .....LITERALLY!!! No comment I'll keep you guys in the loop if you are interested.
I really didn't expect AceofClubs to post this..... that Knucklehead sneaked one over on me!!! Oops! punch Forget it
Back to top Go down
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

PostSubject: Re: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) EmptyTue Dec 14 2010, 01:48

This is just awesome Deano!! I'd love to be able to hook up with you at one of the events you're gonna be riding it at. Maybe I can give you a few tips!!!!!!!!!! duh Bad idea

Keep us posted on things as they unfold, pictures of build etc.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PostSubject: Re: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) EmptyTue Dec 14 2010, 08:34

Very cool indeed. I'm glad you will be reunited with "Battle Axe", I love the description in the article, about how you bulldogged the beast around the track very descriptive. Look forward to hearing more about it.

Hopefully when you are in the events, some video can be shot.
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfClubs

PostSubject: Re: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) EmptyWed Dec 15 2010, 13:14

RA, I was proud of you being a celebrity and all. Didn't want to keep it for myself twothumbsup Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)   Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Deano's Super-Fast Bi(cycle)
Page 1 of 1