Well, after a week of playing the game, I have a few observations....
1. Just as in the first days of GT5, credits are hard to come by. If you were lucky enough to have pre-ordered the game you got an anniversary upgrade. This gave you a slew of cars right out of the gate. This was tremendously helpful in progressing through the game without having to spend all your earnings to buy/upgrade cars to progress further.
All is not lost though. If you keep at it with the Fit, you will get bonus cars for each license test (all gold) as well as completing the sets of races. With some careful decisions on car purchases, you can batch together some races with others to maximize credits.
2. Having to wait until clearing license A for online was a bit surprising. Even more surprising was having to change the name you entered when starting the game. That WILL be what others see online, so if you do not want your name out in the public domain, craft a name with your online ID tag. I changed mine to 3 Diamonds so that it shows up 3. Diamonds online. Using RIP_3-Diamonds could not work. There is a 12 character limit for first and last names. The first name is abbreviated so even entering RIP_ for the first name and Diamonds for the last name would have resulted in R. 3-Diamonds being shown.
I hope they will cure this, for it will put an end to team tags for the game.
3. The game is a blast to play. The physics are a cinch to get used to, and the cars are great fun to throw around. Be careful though, it seems a lot of the new tracks are of the narrow private road variety and with some other drivers right next to you, someone will HAVE to yield. Gonna be a lot of sore drivers out there until they get used to it.
4. All the cars are there for use. The online dealer is gone as well as the used car dealer. Every car is available right away if you have the credits to spend. So are driving suits and helmets. I will miss the thrill of the hunt looking for cars in the UCD, but it will now make it possible to use everything to create events. Looking forward to utilizing that this coming year.
5. Finding friends will be easier if they are playing online. However, private lobbies will require more thought as there is no personal lobby for everyone to use. You will now need to set up a new lobby and select a private option to keep the riff-raff out. Not a big deal, but I will miss my own room to play in while testing for up-coming events.
So there you have it. Feel free to bring up any other things you feel I have missed or not gotten to yet. I hope everyone has had a good break for regular team participation, but I would like to get everyone excited again. This up-coming year I will try to have regular posts for events a week ahead of race night.