RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
GTSC Open Invite Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
GTSC Open Invite Empty

GTSC Open Invite

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RIP_3-Diamonds
Administration Board Member
RIP_3-Diamonds

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySat Feb 22 2014, 15:11

Weido has sent out messages to fellow teams on GT6 to run in a series on Saturday nights. They will be 1/2 hour races with practice and qualifiers to bring total time to around an hour. If anyone has gotten a message from him, let me know. Once we get the final decision on the spec of the car (Mazda Roadster TC) I can meet with you guys to shake down the little Miata and get comfy with it on sports hard tires. It sounds like they are leaning towards stock spec with tuning allowed of default equipment.

Hope to see some interest in this. I plan on running it regardless our participation numbers. If interested, check their forum for what details are available.
Back to top Go down
5CardDraw
Team Member III
Team Member III
5CardDraw

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyTue Feb 25 2014, 13:37

If i can make late start ill try
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyThu Feb 27 2014, 07:47

OK 5Card. West coast boys might will have the best start time.
Back to top Go down
RIP_Bust

RIP_Bust

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyFri Feb 28 2014, 18:40

I'll try to make it too, i might be a little late since im lazy at times.
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySat Mar 01 2014, 21:09

Well, just had a quick shakedown with some of the GTSC guys. Looks like this will be a fun time. I've been running infrequently with them mover the past week or so. Default settings on the car are fine for 1'36s. They seem to be in the '34s, so I'll have to get serious practicing for this week.

I'll try to be on for some practice tomorrow morning. Hope you make it a point to run this with us Bust.
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyWed Mar 05 2014, 01:55

Images from our practice race last night. Well done guys. There were many a gentleman on the track.

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_thefield_zps7b67d0fe
race start

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_deadmanpass_zpsba86bd3f
Deadman passes wedio8.  Whip 

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_3dstalks_zps01f4e512
3D stalking.

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_weido8pass_zps2b149dd2
weido8 passes crazy-8, the tipple 8  twothumbsup 

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_theline_zpsa4a9ce1b
the line

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_rallypass_zpsfc607b59
Vaca and Pig dueling

GTSC Open Invite Th_motegipractice_vrd123_zps7142ceaa
Vaca, Rallypig, and Deadman, 1, 2, and 3
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyWed Mar 05 2014, 02:30

(Drivers meeting post, I posted this on our message board too, just posting it here for y'all as well)

Not sure how I'm going to do this, but this is going to be a method I use to help get us on the same page for the race. I'm going to point out good passing zones, and good and bad lines on the track.

Starting with the good and bad lines here at Motegi.

Turn 4 is one of the turns we will be seeing the most mistakes at. I don't want to see people busting each others balls here if somebody drops some tires slightly off as they try to line up their exit. Turning in early here is going to be a common mistake among everybody. Feel free though to bust someones balls if for three laps in a row they are mowing the lawn, like that guy in the second image...  Rolling Eyes I wonder who that could be...

GTSC Open Invite Turn4good_zpsc98fac1c

GTSC Open Invite Turn4bad_zps81324036

Damage is on heavy, penalties are off. This track has little to no run off areas. If you get ran off your going to end up in the kitty litter here, and your race will be ruined. Don't make over aggressive passes and mess up your entire race, sometimes it's better to play cat and mouse for awhile and try to force a mistake from good tailing. Keep this in mind, there will not be a lot of extra road to bail you out, such as Fuji, that has a lot of run off areas that you could use to avoid collision.

Just because penalties are off does not mean go bat #%^& crazy. Honestly, I'm not worried about this with the kind of guys that could potentially show up for the race. Police yourself though, don't abuse the track, your just ruining the race for yourself.

Passing Zones

GTSC Open Invite Gt5_track_060

Turn 1 and Turn 6 will be the best passing zones during the race, try to set up your passing for here by getting a good tow in the slipstream combined with good exits from the previous corner.

Turn 9 and Turn 11 will also be good passing opportunities while exiting these turns.

Needless to say there are a lot of good passing opportunities here, those are just some of the good ones.

Please try to do as little passing as possible going through the essex, turns 2, 3, 4, and 5. If your already side by coming out of turn 1 then entering turn 2 it's going to be up the drivers to maintain their lanes. If your not side by side then whoever is behind is advised to just tuck in and follow through those turns.
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyWed Mar 05 2014, 13:07

Our "Promotional Commercial" for Race 1

Back to top Go down
5CardDraw
Team Member III
Team Member III
5CardDraw

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyFri Mar 07 2014, 15:49

Sounds good weido. My bday sat nite so ill be a few beers and golfrounds to the wind. If i miss a turn ill just plow thru to give live to whoevers around me. Ill try my best to scare the leaders. Well see which 5 shows up!
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySat Mar 08 2014, 08:32

Looking forward to tonight.
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySun Mar 09 2014, 14:51

Round 2!

Back to top Go down
5CardDraw
Team Member III
Team Member III
5CardDraw

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyMon Mar 10 2014, 18:46

LIKE. Msg me the race so we all can practice tues, thurs ty for fun weido. I wasnt fast at motegi, but theres other venues.
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptyThu Mar 13 2014, 18:43

Alright guys, Round 2 is almost upon us. Thanks everybody who attended Round 1, we had a fantastic race.

Tsukuba really does not have much grey area to it, it's a very straight forward track thankfully.

The last turn is the only turn I want to bring up, expect people to be aggressively seeking to pass going into this turn. Tsukuba lacks a lot of passing zones, exiting turn 7 going onto the straight, entering turn 8, and entering turn 1 is the string of turns that you should be paying attention to whats around you. Those will be the active zones. Otherwise everybody should tucking in an lining up. Passing elsewhere should mostly happen because the car in front made a mistake.

PITTING AT TSUKUBA

YOU MUST PIT PROPERLY AT TSUKUBA. Otherwise you will just drive through the pit lane and not actually pit. If this happens then you will be hit with a penalty at the end of the race per the in game pit stop rules. Please practice pit stops here so this does not happen to you, the only person you can blame is yourself if you do not pit appropriately. The way to 100% avoid the pit penalty is to not touch the grass on pit entry when your coming off the back straight.

Any questions then you can message me on PSN.

Thanks y'all!

P.S. Also if we have another issue with the pit lag bug in this race, and it ruins someone else's race like it did for Bust and Rally in round 1, then I will be removing the the pit rules and we will just being doing a straight up sprint race with no pits. I won't let that dumb bug ruin more than 2 races.

Edit 3/14/14: I removed the requirement to pit a second time if you miss your first pit.
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySat Mar 15 2014, 13:20

Looking forward to this race tonight, going to be a fun one!
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySun Mar 16 2014, 00:03

Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySun Mar 23 2014, 09:13

Back to top Go down
RIP_RACING_DEMON
Team Member II
Team Member II
RIP_RACING_DEMON

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySat Mar 29 2014, 14:15

Sweet Video work, ill make sure and make it tonite at silverstone
Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySun Mar 30 2014, 01:23

Back to top Go down
GTSC_weido8

GTSC_weido8

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite EmptySat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

Thanks for showing up saturday night 5 and Crazy, good run. See y'all tuesday probably!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTSC Open Invite Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTSC Open Invite   GTSC Open Invite Empty

Back to top Go down

GTSC Open Invite
Page 1 of 1