RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
FU Polyphony Digital  Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
FU Polyphony Digital  Empty

FU Polyphony Digital

Go down 
+5
Gosshawk
SuicideKing
RIP_4-Of-A-Kind
BlackJack
rufus4pres
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rufus4pres

rufus4pres

PostSubject: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 11:38

GT5 officailly delayed ripdawhip

Now I got time to finish F1 2010 cheers

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/13/gran-turismo-5-release-update/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gtscuderia.net
BlackJack
Administration Board Member
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 12:02

I can see millions of Grand Tursimo fans dropping dead from strokes as we speak...lol.

Good thing come to those who wait. (and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait)
Back to top Go down
RIP_4-Of-A-Kind
Team Member I
Team Member I

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 12:19

twothumbsup Sony cheers Sony bump oh ya Hey Sony shoot5 did you feel that? Not likely...
Back to top Go down
SuicideKing
SuicideKing

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 14:50

shoot3 FU Polyphony Digital  181996
Back to top Go down
Gosshawk
Team Member II
Team Member II
Gosshawk

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 15:06

There was a comment in the blog about it possably having something to do with the new nose being put on the cup cars in nascar next season. As I recall, the last time a major delay was mentioned, nascar went back to the spoiler. Coincedence, who knows? Just hope it doesn't become Gran Turismo Forever. Maybe Gearbox will pick it up now and avoid that fate, lol.
Back to top Go down
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 15:19

The funniest post I saw on GTPlanet was "KY's name would work better with Jelly on the end"....(get it?...lol)

We still have GT5P and we will wring every ounce of fun out of that little "demo"
Back to top Go down
Str8Flush
Team Member I
Team Member I
Str8Flush

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 15:56

I sense an LA-style RIOT coming at Gamestops' all over the country.....lol
Back to top Go down
RIP_1-Of-A-Kind
Team Member I
Team Member I
RIP_1-Of-A-Kind

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 16:02

It looks like I'll be staying home where it's safe and watching the riots on the news as they happen. I don't want to be anywhere around there... lol....prepare for Armegeddon, folks....lol
Back to top Go down
rufus4pres

rufus4pres

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 18:19

This better not be another Duke Nukem forever for Sony 🐷 . At lease GT5 hasn't taken over 13 years with only rumors of a release date affraid even though it feels like it Rolling Eyes

I go back to a post I made on GTSC website last year titled "GT5 is just a rumor" :bball:

We are back again waiting for a release date and GT5 being a rumor bump

New rumors are popping up on the why this happened as we try to get through waiting longer for GT5. None of that matters Sony as we still have this addiction that needs to get fixed. GT5P? Come on man I need a hit. Bad. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.gtscuderia.net
RIP_Welsh_Don
RIP_Welsh_Don

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 22:25

Ouch! Might look into F1 2010 for a bit now, but I think it might be tricky with the mighty controller.
Back to top Go down
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 03:28

Don't forget...RIP is still going strong on GT5P!!!....as long as we don't get a "service discontinued" message with the next update...lol
Back to top Go down
Gosshawk
Team Member II
Team Member II
Gosshawk

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 12:00

From PSU.com

"Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi has labelled Gran Turismo 5’s delay as “inexcusable,” before indicating that the hotly anticipated racer will still make it on store shelves by the year’s end.

Writing in a post on his Twitter (translated Kotaku), Yamauchi commented, "Apologies for the delay," explaining, "It's because time and labor were spent ironing the kinks out of [the game's] complex system. I'm really sorry. Everyone, it's inexcusable... Wait a little longer."

Elsewhere, the folks at Andriasang noted that Yamauchi later replied to a Tweet from a fan concerned about having to wait until 2011 to get his grubby mitts on the game, to which Yamauchi replied:

'I believe we won't keep you waiting until then.’

Gran Turismo 5 was originally scheduled for release in early November."
Back to top Go down
Str8Flush
Team Member I
Team Member I
Str8Flush

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 13:31

i believe the delay is due to the fact that they need to work on the nascar section, as nascar went back to the rear spoiler rather than the rear wing. I've also heard that they're gonna change the noses of the cars back to the front air dam rather than the front splitter. The cars are gonna look like the old ones before the C.O.T came out. Polyphony Digital needs to keep up with nascar's rule changes to stay true to the realism of the game.
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 14:18

So if the delay is just for one car, why couldn't they release the game with the current car and have a downloadable patch to change it next year?
I suspect that it is something more than a problem with one car. I saw the video of the demo version with the glitches in it. Something just stinks. What could they fix in a month?
Back to top Go down
BlackJack
BlackJack

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 15:30

The delay was due to PS3's latest update. The game was built for version 3.41. They have work it for version 3.50 to help avoid illegal copying of the game (thanks hackers). The other issue involved timing with production. They have to a 3 week time slot to make millions of copies and with the delay, they missed that window.

That's the latest rumor I've read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FU Polyphony Digital    FU Polyphony Digital  Empty

Back to top Go down

FU Polyphony Digital
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org :: RIP Talk :: Gran Turismo 5-
Jump to: