RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Knowledge Sharing Depository

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
  Home
  Calendar
  Register
Latest topics
» Howdy! Long time no see!
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:21

» Ferrari Tour Series
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby Crazy-8 Thu Feb 19 2015, 22:50

» GTSC Open Invite
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby GTSC_weido8 Sat Jun 21 2014, 23:31

» Back online on Monday
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby 5CardDraw Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:35

» Been a while
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby RIP_go-fish Thu Jan 30 2014, 00:53

» GT6 Progress Update
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby Crazy-8 Mon Jan 27 2014, 21:32

» Happy Birthday Racing Demon!
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby AceOfClubs Thu Jan 23 2014, 07:34

» Merry X-Mas & A Great New Year
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby AceOfClubs Tue Dec 24 2013, 18:44

» GT6 is Here!
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby AceOfClubs Fri Dec 20 2013, 02:07

» 620PP Supercars Seasonal Event 12/3/13
PSN Down  - Page 4 Emptyby RIP_3-Diamonds Mon Dec 02 2013, 20:09

GT5 Forums
Links
Gallery
PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty

PSN Down

Go down 
+12
RIP_1EyedJack
Str8Flush
5CardDraw
AceOfSpades
RIP_UnderDog
RIP_Joker
SuicideKing
AceOfClubs
DeadMansHand
RIP_RACING_DEMON
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_PokerFace
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RIP_3-Diamonds
Administration Board Member
RIP_3-Diamonds

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06 2011, 21:16

It'll come. Be patient guys. Think of all the quality time spent with the family. Heck, I'm going to start a model car project along side the kids. The boss just gave me a killer Tamiya kit of a '95 Mustang Cobra R. Whould look great sitting next to Chloe's Pink Mustang.

Some day I'll get around to building all these models I've accumalated over the years. Was saving for retirement, but I figure a few along the way to then won't matter.
Back to top Go down
RIP_RACING_DEMON
Team Member II
Team Member II
RIP_RACING_DEMON

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyFri May 06 2011, 22:17

im fine 3d, i used to build model cars 2, ill keep my head up, pray and hope for the best
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 07:15

Yes, actually the yard work never got done so well! LOL. I was just fed up last night with the promises. PSN is going to loose a lot of players I'm afraid.

Can you imagine all the teenagers that are all pulling out the xboxes, or buying xboxes just to play online, LOL. Hopefully the 50 some million kids got some excercise.

Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 07:38

It appears from the latest news, that Sony is extensively testing the new protection systems being put in place. With the American government involved, I'm sure it will be a while. There has been no new timeline expressed.

I will keep you all posted. With a little tear in my eye, LOL.
Back to top Go down
5CardDraw
Team Member III
Team Member III
5CardDraw

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 10:45

should be up soon, allready on in japan, workn out last min details , will have a million dollar ID theft bit as well.... cant wait to see all of you again.. ...been killin tiger 12, its hard offline, only "challenging game" there is to play later yall!!! 5 car
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 11:26

Let's also not forget, this is a company located in a country that is dealing with rebuilding their infrastructure after an earthquake, a tsunamni and a nucular meltdown! I'm sure many of Sony's people are affected by it, and honestly have bigger problems than not being able to race online.

I'm waiting patiently and clearing off a few races. I just finished the 4 hrs of Nurbring and am debating on starting on the 9 hrs of Tsucuba.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 16:48

Yes that is true DeadMan'sHand, but I'm sure those guys aren't into racing online anyhow, LOL. JK.

I haven't tackled any new endurance races, dang, I could have finished them all. LOL. Dang you Dead, you should have said that two weeks ago! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rip_ProGambler
Team Member I
Team Member I
Rip_ProGambler

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 17:48

It will be awhile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1623891596
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 18:11

Quoted from GamaSutra - Kris Graft

"Sony on Friday said it would have to further delay the return of PlayStation Network following a massive security breach, just as reports stated hackers posted personal details stolen from a Sony database.

According to Reuters report out of Tokyo, Sony was able to remove those published details from a website, although the report didn't say exactly what website hosted the stolen information.

Personal details of some 2,500 people were posted, including names and "some addresses" that were in a 2001 database. The security breach has affected 77 million PSN and Qriocity accounts, and 24.6 million Sony Online Entertainment accounts.

The news of the publishing of the details comes just as Sony confirmed that PSN would not be relaunching some network services as soon as planned. Previously, the company said it hoped to start a relaunch within a week of a PSN press conference that occurred April 30.

And on Thursday, Sony Computer Entertainment America said that it was in the final stages of testing its new security system. But a Sony spokeswoman confirmed with Reuters that relaunching within the original expected time frame would not be possible, and there is no firm date for the return of online services.

The latest note from SCEA senior director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold on Friday night said, "When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week."

"We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system," he added. "...Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online."

Sony is also reportedly considering offering a reward for help in catching the perpetrators of the cyber attack, according to Wall Street Journal's All Things Digital blog, which cited "people familiar with the matter."

The reward may or may not be implemented, the report said, as Sony executives are weighing the pros and cons of such a move, which would be made in coordination with law enforcement.

[UPDATE: An update to the Reuters report and a separate report on The Wall Street Journal said the personal information was on a Sony-affiliated website, which the company was unaware was accessible to the public.

The information was made public by cyber intruders and was from a 2001 product sweepstakes contest. No credit cards, social security numbers or passwords were revealed. The company took down the website on Thursday.

"The website was out of date and inactive when discovered as part of the continued attacks on Sony," the company said."

By Kris Graft

I think you can all see the writing on the wall? Like I said, it's gonna be a while folks. No timeline for the return has been expressed. Like DeadMan said, this is a fairly beat up country that they are trying to sort this out from, granted that most of Sony is from America now, (and also why American Congress was involved). Sony's main server systems are in the America's, and may have been moved. But, with the threats of more attacks this weekend, you can be sure that PSN won't be back this weekend. The other issue is that in all the regions of the world, each one has a different regulation on privacy and personal information protection, so the real issue here is trying to meet all regulations at once. America was sited as the launch zone, because they have the same laws across the board, all states follow the same regulations in relation to hacking and personal information.

It appears from the blogs I've visited (extensively) that NO credit card info was released or used. One Canadian woman sued Sony, thus the Million dollar insurance. LOL.

This is big time peeps, to affect 100 million people is a major attack (one out of every 40 people have been touched by this), and will not go away easy. The benefit of this situation is in the confidence that it "most likely" won't happen "the same way" again. LMAO.

In the day and age of Cyberville, look forward to attacks elsewhere. Now that these CyberPunks have hit Sony, they'll be looking elsewhere.

Until Sony and the world governments are secure in the fact that they will not have a reoccurance, you can be asured that we will be playing single player games for the foreseeable future. I can garanf'ntee you I will Not be switching to XBox's nasty huge controller and scrappy online play. No Thanks.

Come Back PSN, We Miss YOU!!!!!

My prediction is at least another week.

- PokerFace

Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 21:02

Who needs the papers when we got Poker on the trail! Keep up the reports Poke, you're doing a great job. twothumbsup
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 07 2011, 23:14

Thank you 3Diamonds, I really don't like to report this stuff, I just feel the need to. I truely hope that PSN does come back on, and soon; but I have my doubts that even my prediction is true.

Sorry Fellas, and Filas, I'll keep ya posted, no matter what the news.
Back to top Go down
RIP_AcesHigh

RIP_AcesHigh

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09 2011, 10:41

FYI Fellas!!!!! Got a call this AM from my bank concerning charges made against my credit card in London. Good thing I have fraud alert. This happens to be the same card I had my Playstaion account tied to. They posted what the bank calls a "test charge" for fourteen dollars at a London hotel on Saturday night. Too small to alert anyone. Then tried to charge $460.00 to that same hotel the next day. Unfortunately, this was a debit card, so the charges were withdrawnd immediately. However, the cc company noticed we were making charges on the same card half a world away, so they froze the account. After contacting us this AM, the account has been shut down and I should be recieving a credit to my new account for the $460.00. The cc company could not be sure that the card info was obtained from the Playstation breach, but did say that it would be quite a coincedence. Heads up Bros !!!!!!!! Please be alert!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09 2011, 17:26

It's been so long since I registered on PSN, I can't remember...

Was a credit card required to get registered? I don't remember giving one, but if I did, I want to cancel the card! Suspect
Back to top Go down
RIP_AcesHigh

RIP_AcesHigh

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09 2011, 17:34

Sorry DMH! Should have clarified. I have my Netflix account through the Playstaion and the actual Playstation Store account for the kids. These are the things that are stored with your other info. If you don't get billed for anything you do thru the PS3, I would assume you are safe. Just a heads up to everyone.
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09 2011, 19:18

OK. Feeling more relieved now, lol. I haven't used any cards.

That blows, bro. Bull shit At least you're gonna get it back. It could have been lifted somewhere other than Sony, but the timing seems to line up. I would highly recomend keeping info together in case a class action suit comes up over all this. (Don't be supprised if it happens)
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09 2011, 20:38

I never registerred a credit card, and I used some old address, lol. Only thing they could get from me is a gmail account. Ha...

Sorry to hear, but glad they caught it right away AcesHigh.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10 2011, 08:18

I imagine most have either read by now or you got the same email I did. Sony will shoot for the end of May now for onset of PSN in full capacity.

I will let you all know if anything changes...
Back to top Go down
DeadMansHand
DeadMansHand

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyTue May 10 2011, 14:24

Man this sux! I dumped cable TV to save money and figured I race more than I watch TV. B-spec is OK, but gets old quickly. I have only the last 3 endurance races left on A-spec to go there. I'm gonna go nuts by June.
Back to top Go down
AceOfClubs
Team Founder
Team Founder
AceOfClubs

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11 2011, 01:45

I've used the spare times on my A/V system, just picked up a Sony 400 DVD/CD changer. Now I don't have to wonder where my favorite movies or CD is anymore Very Happy

Keep us posted Poke twothumbsup
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 11 2011, 07:51

I think Sony did that to keep news from popping up every day. I see no new news today on any blogs or sites. I will keep ya all updated with whatever I find.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 14 2011, 19:40

PSN may not be fully functional yet, but the latest update (3.61) is firmware enabling better security protocol, and is a step in the right direction for Sony PSN users. You will be prompted to change your password, please don't just change your password to add a digit on the end, change the whole password.

Good luck to those that have forgotten passwords and may not have the same email... I hope we are all unscathed in this transition, I hope to see you all VERY soon.

Reporting live from RIP forum, back to you Jack... lol

PokerFace
Back to top Go down
RIP_3-Diamonds
RIP_3-Diamonds

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 14 2011, 21:00

So this is much ado about nothing? I was hoping for it all to be over. I just hope that it will prompt me to change password. I'm pretty sure I have them all correctly written down. So they will ask for the current password, and then ask to change it? Or do we need to change it first?
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 14 2011, 21:04

I Don't suggest changing your password first, wait to be prompted.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 14 2011, 22:25

Anyone else drinking lots of Coffee? I am. LOL...

Shocked scratch beathead <--- I noticed he's getting whacked with a Poker! LOL. I hope this ain't a publicity test.
Back to top Go down
RIP_PokerFace
RIP_PokerFace

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 EmptySat May 14 2011, 22:41

Please let us know when you get back online ok guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Down    PSN Down  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PSN Down
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RIP Racing Team Forum www.ripracingteam.org :: RIP Talk :: Break Room-
Jump to: